Child & Adolescent Groups
Growing up isn’t easy. Despite the dedicated teaching efforts of parents, some children and adolescents find daily social situations challenging. Given the natural tendency of children and adolescents to learn from their peers, group therapy is an ideal venue for developing social skills. Group therapy at CRG offers a supportive, goal-oriented environment that works with the strengths of each child to help them feel more confident, comfortable, and in control of their own well-being. By empowering group members through role play exercises and coaching on social skills, we provide members with the tools they need to improve their social skills in everyday life. Groups focus on:
- Developing communication skills
- Reading social cues
- Building and maintaining friendships
- Managing sibling relations
- Handling frustration
- Conflict resolution
Adult & Parent Groups
Although social skills groups are the most popular of CRG’s group services, we also offer support and educational groups for adult clients and parents. In addition to support and education, these groups provide:
- Problem-solving strategies
- Parenting skills
- Coping mechanisms
- The opportunity for adults to network with peers in similar situations
CRG’s providers offer groups each semester based on current client need. CRG groups typically meet weekly for one hour at CRG. They are an economical way to access valuable services from CRG’s highly-trained professional providers. We keep a “Group Interest List” in the front office to help shape the creation of new groups. Please speak to your provider (if you are a current patient) or contact our Intake Team (if you are a new patient) to learn more about CRG’s current groups or to share an interest in a new group.
Spring 2020 Groups and Programs
Click here to see a list and description of CRG’s current groups and programs!
Groups Previously Offered by CRG
Click the links below to view the comprehensive lists of groups CRG has offered in the past.
- Fall 2019 Group Descriptions
- Spring 2019 Group Descriptions
- Fall 2018 Group Descriptions
- Spring 2018 Group Descriptions
- Fall 2017 Group Descriptions
- Spring 2017 Group Descriptions
- Fall 2016 Group Descriptions
- Spring 2016 Group Descriptions
- Fall 2015 Group Descriptions
- Spring 2015 Group Descriptions
- Fall 2014 Group Descriptions
- Spring 2014 Group Descriptions
- Fall 2013 Group Descriptions
- Summer 2013 Group Descriptions
We are here to help you find a specialist to meet your needs. Click the button below to see a listing of our providers.
At CRG we offer a variety of webinars, events and articles that will help you find the information you need. Click the button below for a complete listing of related resources.