Dr. Sandy Burkhardt is a licensed clinical psychologist who specializes in the evaluation and treatment of neurodevelopmental disorders, including autism spectrum disorder. She is Board Certified in Clinical Psychology and Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology and is a Fellow of the American Academy of Clinical Psychology.
She is currently providing telehealth services to autistic individuals and their families concerned with transition to adulthood (18 – 24 years old) as well as positive life plans for autistic adults of any age. Dr. Burkhardt coordinates in-person assessment and treatment plans that focus upon the person’s capabilities and challenges as well as the role of family support. She provides positive and practical approaches to meet the individual’s and the family’s needs.
Services I Offer
– Coordinating In-Person Psychological Testing and Evaluation for adults (18+) with documented or suspected Autism Spectrum Disorder, Intellectual Developmental Disability, ADHD, Non-verbal LD, and Adjustment Issues
– Information and Support Consultation Services (telehealth) for Parents of Autistic Adults and adult children with disabilities
Schedule an Appointment
- Fellow, Illinois Psychological Association
- Fellow, Academy of Clinical Psychology
- Ph.D., Clinical Psychology, DePaul University, Chicago Illinois
- M.A., Clinical Psychology, DePaul University, Chicago, Illinois
- B.S., Elementary Education, DePaul University, Chicago, Illinois
- Dr. Burkhardt enjoys road trips, family gatherings and volunteering in the community.