Meet the Providers
For the past (almost) 30 years we have been fortunate to provide services to you and your family. Our team has grown and changed during this time, and we wanted to take a moment to introduce you to the providers you may see when coming to CRG. Please visit our website for complete bios and pictures (http://www.childrensresourcegroup.com).
- Diane Anglen
- Evie Horn
- Therese Shroeder
- Brandi Bowlds
- Dr. Rowland is a child and adolescent psychiatrist specializing in the evaluation, diagnosis and medication management of emotional and behavioral problems including anxiety disorders, mood disorders, ADHD, psychotic disorders, and developmental disorders with patients from early childhood through adolescence. Dr. Rowland enjoys spending time with family and friends, watching movies, baking, woodworking and gardening.
- Dr. Joshua Lowinsky is an adolescent and adult psychiatrist. His clinical practice is focused primarily on the treatment of adolescents, adults, medical professionals and their families who struggle with psychiatric disorders that impair their optimal functioning, both professionally and in their personal relationships. He is particularly interested in the education and training of non-psychiatric medical and non-medical trainees and professionals in psychiatry. Dr. Lowinsky loves traveling, spending time with his wife and children, and surviving hot yoga and hot Pilates.
- Dr. McAteer has been a primary care pediatrician for over 30 years in the Indianapolis area. She has most enjoyed the valuable patient/family/doctor relationships that develop with the opportunity to follow patients over time. Working to create relationships that come from knowing that your doctor cares about your body, mind, and spirit is of utmost help when families go through problems. Dr. McAteer will be able to help families determine their strengths and mutually consider treatment options by primarily focusing on the physical functioning of the child, including development and learning. When the child and family are ready to consider medication, she will be able to work with the child, closely monitoring response. She will give appropriate information to the child’s medical home physician to create a wholistic, child focused approach to mental health concerns. Dr. McAteer would like to be known as a gardener but is more skilled at cooking vegetables than growing them. Her family enjoys these efforts as well as her homemade sourdough bread and yogurt. Dr. McAteer loves being outside – hiking in Indiana woodlands and prairies, playing pickle ball with her husband, playing tennis, and hanging out with her grandchildren. She reads voraciously, is learning how to knit, and enjoys sharing jokes and recipes.
- Carolyn Krueger is a psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner, providing medication management to children and adults. Carolyn enjoys spending time with her husband, and two children. She also enjoys walking with her rescued, black Labrador, Seamus
- Hillary is a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner that provides evaluation, diagnosis, and medication management to individuals 16 years and older. Hillary has over 10 years of experience treating mental health disorders and addiction issues including depression, bipolar, anxiety, trauma, ADHD, psychotic disorders, and various substance related concerns.
- Dr. Parker specializes in working with high school and college students with learning disorders, ADHD and Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and coaches’ adults with and without disabilities in many types of professions/life circumstances. He helps students develop more effective learning and organizational strategies. He collaborates with students and families to find a “good fit” college environment. He coaches teens and adults to develop more productive and thriving lives. He also conducts Career Assessments that can be particularly helpful for college-bound students, college students seeking career clarity, and adults in career transition. Dr. Parker enjoys traveling, independent films, exploring new restaurants and working in his yard/gardens.
- Alex Augustine is a nationally certified school psychologist. She conducts psychoeducational evaluations for children and adolescents as well as assisting with programming and making educational recommendations. She has over 5 years of experience working with children as a school psychologist.
- Karen Dougherty is a nationally certified school psychologist who conducts psychoeducational evaluations for children, makes educational recommendations, and assists with programming for children related to school issues. Ms. Dougherty has more than 20 years’ experience working with young children as a school psychologist
- Nancy Lindhjem is a licensed school psychologist who conducts psychoeducational evaluations to students and assists parents with educational planning. Ms. Lindhjem has over 25 years’ experience working with children and adolescents as a school psychologist.
- Linda Vermillion is a school psychologist who conducts psychoeducational and developmental evaluations for children, makes educational recommendations, and assists with programming for students related to school issues. Ms. Vermillion has more than 20 years’ experience working with students as a school psychologist.
- Dr. Sandy Burkhardt is a licensed clinical psychologist who specializes in the evaluation and treatment of neurodevelopmental disorders, including autism spectrum disorder. She is currently providing telehealth services to individuals and families concerned with transition to adulthood (18 – 24 years old) as well as positive life plans for autistic adults of any age. Dr. Burkhardt coordinates assessment and treatment plans that focus upon the person’s capabilities and challenges as well as the role of family support. She provides positive and practical approaches to meet the individual’s and the family’s needs. Dr. Burkhardt is Board Certified in Clinical Psychology and Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology and is a Fellow of the American Academy of Clinical Psychology.
- Dr. Chelsey Carrington is a psychologist who specializes in working with children and adolescents with various academic, social, learning, and behavioral challenges. Dr. Carrington provides diagnostic evaluations including comprehensive psychoeducation evaluations as well as intervention and therapy services. She uses a strengths-based, collaborative, and cognitive-behavioral approach with children and their families in order to help achieve each individual’s and family’s goals. Dr. Carrington strongly believes in collaboration between all systems in which children develop. Her unique background in school psychology and practice within various settings including schools, residential treatment facilities, healthcare, private practice, and the juvenile justice system provides a strong foundation for working across and within many systems. Chelsey is a native to Indianapolis and enjoys all things Indy including the Colts and Indy 500. In her free time, she enjoys traveling, boating, attending concerts, and spending time with her husband and two children.
- Dr. Brady Hart is a licensed psychologist who specializes in the treatment of social-emotional, behavioral, and academic difficulties in children, adolescents, and adults. Dr. Hart provides individual therapy, family therapy, psycho-educational evaluations, and treatment planning services to help support the mood and functioning of the client. Dr. Hart has training and experience in the treatment of mental health conditions including depression, anxiety, autism spectrum disorder, ADHD, social-adaptive difficulties, cognitive-learning disabilities, and other emotional-behavioral concerns. Dr. Hart enjoys jogging, biking, skiing, live music, and spending time with family.
- Dr. Kinder is a psychologist who specializes in the evaluation and treatment of children, adolescents and young adults with developmental, behavioral, emotional and learning difficulties. Areas of specialty include ADHD, learning disorders/difficulties, behavioral difficulties, and mood/bipolar spectrum disorders. Dr. Kinder has worked with children, adolescents and young adults for over 30 years as a school psychologist and psychologist. Dr. Kinder enjoys time with family and friends, the outdoors and interacting with nature as well as most sporting activities, including the spectator sports of football and basketball.
- Dr. Larson is a licensed clinical psychologist who specializes in the evaluation and treatment of children and adolescents with emotional, behavioral, and learning difficulties. He provides individualized evaluations and treatment planning to meet the specific needs of each person and their family. Treatment typically includes some combination of individual, group, and/or family therapy to help people resolve problems including ADHD, problematic behaviors, depression, anxiety, social skills deficits, anger management, and mood regulation difficulties. Dr. Larson enjoys wood working, hiking, and spending time with family.
- Dr. Valerie Long is a licensed clinical psychologist who specializes in the treatment of adolescents and adults. Her areas of specialty include treatment of anxiety, depression and women’s issues using evidence-based practices such as cognitive behavioral therapy. Dr. Long also has experience conducting adolescent and adult psychological evaluations. Her services offered are individual therapy and psychological evaluations. Dr. Long enjoys exercise and sports, listening to live music, cooking, traveling, watching movies and spending time with family and friends.
- Dr. Merrill is a psychologist who specialized in working with children, adolescents, and young adults with intellectual and neurodevelopmental disabilities as well as other social, learning, and behavioral challenges. She has a particular interest in assessment for autism spectrum disorder (ASD) including the female presentation of ASD and the intersectionality with gender identity and expression. Dr. Merrill currently provides only assessment services. She has also worked as a licensed psychologist in Massachusetts and is currently an adjunct professor in the School Psychology Program at Indiana University – Bloomington. Anna enjoys traveling and exploring new places, trying new restaurants, and spending time with her husband and dog.
- Dr. Norris is a psychologist who provides psychological/psychoeducational evaluations and therapy to children, adolescents and adults with complex developmental, emotional, behavioral, and learning difficulties. She specializes in childhood and adult trauma, crisis counseling in disasters, developmental disabilities, eye movement desensitization and reprocessing, mood and anxiety disorders and psychological testing. Dr. Norris enjoys visiting family and natural areas in the Western United States and Alaska, playing music, and enjoying outside activities.
- Dr. Roth is a licensed clinical psychologist who specializes in the evaluation and treatment of children and adolescents with autism spectrum disorder (ASD), intellectual disabilities (ID), and other neurodevelopmental disorders (NDDs). Dr. Roth sees individuals of all abilities and developmental levels with a range of presenting problems, including externalizing behaviors, social skill deficits, internalizing behaviors, and delays in adaptive skills. Dr. Roth provides individual therapy, parent-based therapy, and group therapy to decrease problematic behaviors, enhance social skills, increase functional communication, and support development of independent living skills. Dr. Roth is clinically reliable on ADOS-2 administration. Dr. Roth enjoys spending time with her two pups, traveling, yoga, trying new restaurants, event planning, and staying connected with friends and family.
- Lauren Skinner, LCSW, provides individual, family, and group therapy to adolescents and adults with various mental health needs including depression, anxiety, mood disorders, trauma, and substance use disorders. Lauren utilizes several therapeutic interventions, including Motivational Interviewing and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, to help patients reach individualized therapeutic goals and to eliminate, reduce, and manage mental health symptoms. In her free time Lauren enjoys traveling, listening to live music, cooking, and spending time with friends and family.
- Dr. Surace is a licensed clinical psychologist that specializes in the treatment of children (ages 3-12), adolescents, and adults who are experiencing a variety of presenting concerns. Dr. Surace aims to meet every individual or family at their developmental level. Treatment is personalized to address concerns in an appropriate and efficient manner. Dr. Surace has had experience working with ADHD, anxiety, depression, trauma, behavioral difficulties, academic concerns, and OCD. Dr. Surace provides both individual therapy and family therapy and utilizes a variety of approaches to alleviate distress. These approaches include client-centered, cognitive-behavioral, solution-focused, and/or play-based techniques to foster emotion regulation, coping skills, and subjective well-being. Dr. Surace enjoys spending time with his family and friends, hiking, visiting parks, listening to music, and attending comic conventions.
- Dr. Wise is a licensed pediatric neuropsychologist, who specializes in comprehensive neuropsychological evaluations for children and adolescents with neurological and neurodevelopmental disorders. She has experience working with children and adolescents who present with complex and chronic medical conditions as well as developmental concerns, including epilepsy, stroke, neurofibromatosis, brain tumors, cancers, congenital heart disease, genetic disorders, hydrocephalus, prematurity/low birth weight, attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (AD/HD), and learning disorders. Dr. Wise enjoys spending time with family and friends, going for walks, baking, and reading.