- Ph.D. in School Psychology – 1985 Ball State University, Muncie, IN
- M.A. in Psychology and Child Development – 1975 Peabody College of Education and Human Development, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN
- B.A. in Psychology – 1973 Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI
- Health Service Provider in Psychology, 1988 (20040182)
- Indiana Psychologist License, 1986 (20040182)
- May 2011 to Present: Psychologist, Children’s Resource Group, Indianapolis, Indiana. Private practice in psychology specializing in psychological and psychoeducational evaluation of children, adolescents and adults with complex developmental, emotional, behavioral and learning difficulties. Provide therapy to children, adolescents, adults and their families. Provide consultation with educational and other agencies.
- March 2000 to 2014: President/Business Owner/Psychologist, Norris Psychological Services, PC, Indianapolis, Indiana. Provide comprehensive psychological assessments on children and youth, individual and family therapy and school consultation. Provided clinical services to adults including psychological testing and therapy. Participated in Indiana Crisis and Response Team (I-CART) and National Organization of Victim Assistance (NOVA) including callouts to Mississippi and local responses.
- June 2007 to January 2014: Associate Psychologist, Community Psychological Consultants, Indianapolis, Indiana.
- 1991 to March 2000: Psychologist, Developmental Associates, Indianapolis, IN.
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Phi Kappa Phi
- American Psychological Association
- Indiana Psychological Association
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing International Association
- Norris, S.J. Middle School Girls: Self Esteem and Academic Issues. CRG Newsletter, Spring 2017, Volume 7(1).
- Norris, S.J. Promoting Resilience in Middle School Girls: A Guide for Parents. CRG Newsletter, Summer 2017, Volume 7(2).