Think about supporting local efforts and families by participating in the Down Syndrome Indiana’s Buddy Walk. Buddy Walk® is a family-friendly event open to all children and adults with Down syndrome, their families, friends and local supporters. There is no fee to participate in Buddy Walk®. Down Syndrome Indiana has coordinated the Buddy Walk® in Indianapolis for over two decades. Nationally, Buddy Walk® is the most widely recognized public awareness program for the Down syndrome community. Locally, Buddy Walk® is the largest fundraising and awareness event for Down Syndrome Indiana. As a direct result of event sponsorships, team fundraising, and generous public donations, Down Syndrome Indiana is able to continue providing educational resources, informational programs, parent support networks, and social events for individuals with Down syndrome and their families.
When: Saturday, October 5, 2019
Where: Celebration Plaza, in White River State Park, Downtown Indianapolis
Audience: We are expecting around 2,000 people in attendance
8:30am – Registration Opens
Walkers may sign-in and deposit donations until 10:30am in the Registration Tent. Walkers who raise at least $50 will receive an event t-shirt.
10am – Pre-Walk Festivities
Come gather near the stage as we:
* Thank our generous sponsors
* Award top teams
* Kids’ Entertainment Tent (sponsored by Noble of Indiana)
10:30am – BUDDY WALK BEGINS!
11 am – Post Walk Festivities
* Enjoy musical performances and live entertainment
* Snacks/food truck options/or bring a picnic lunch . No lunch will be provided this year.
Throughout the Day
* Learn about Down Syndrome Indiana, the resources and programs we offer throughout the year and how to get involved
* Gather information on resources at our Information Expo Tent
* Indulge in treats such as kettle corn and lemon shake ups
* Enjoy interactive entertainment and games
To learn more or sign up go to www.dsindiana.org and click on the Buddy Walk logo.