INDIANA STATE UNIVERSITY, TERRE HAUTE, INDIANA
- Ph.D. in Guidance and Psychological Services (School Psychology), 1982
- M.S. in General/Experimental Psychology, 1976
- B.S. in Psychology/Sociology, 1972
- Lifetime Psychologist II License #432775, Indiana Department of Education
- Psychologist Private Practice License #20040044, Indiana State Board of Examiners in Psychology
- Health Service Provider in Psychology #20040044, Indiana State Board of Examiners in Psychology
- 1995 to Present: Psychologist, Children’s Resource Group, Indianapolis, Indiana. Private practice in psychology specializing in psychological and psychoeducational evaluation of children, adolescents, and young adults with complex developmental, emotional, behavioral, and learning difficulties. Provide therapy to children, adolescents, young adults, and their families. Provide consultation with educational and other agencies.
- 1990 to 1995: Psychologist, Professional Psychological Services, Indianapolis, Indiana. Private practice in psychology specializing in psychological and psychoeducational evaluation of children and adolescents with suspected learning disabilities or emotional/behavioral difficulties. Provided therapy for children, adolescents, and their families. Provided consultation with educational and other agencies.
- 1979 to 1990: Supervisor of Psychological Services, Blue River Special Education Cooperative, Shelbyville, Indiana. Supervised and developed the delivery of psychological services to five-member school corporations. Served as primary liaison to Mental Health Centers, Welfard Departments, and Court Systems. Formal evaluation responsibilities for school psychologists (3) and psychological interns. Consultation with parents, students, agency and school personnel. Provided staff development training. Assisted in screening and selection of personnel. Selected and recommended tests and materials.
- 1985 to 1990: Coordinator of Programs for Emotionally Handicapped, Blue River Special Education Cooperative, Shelbyville, Indiana. Supervised the program development and service delivery for emotionally handicapped students. Evaluation of teachers and instructional aides. Diagnostic assessment and individual program planning for children and adolescents with suspected emotional handicaps. In-service training to staff on working with emotionally handicapped students. Consultation with parents, school and agency personnel regarding students with emotional and behavioral difficulties.
- 1977 to 1978 (3 semesters): Instructor for Introduction to Exceptional Children, Special Education Program, Indiana State University, Terre Haute, Indiana. Instruction of introductory course to working with special education students of all handicapping conditions.
Post Graduate Training
- One year supervised experience in individual and group psychotherapy by licensed, HSPP psychologist
- One year supervised training in family therapy at Family Therapy Center in Cincinnati, Ohio
- American Psychological Association
- Indiana Psychological Association
Presentations and Publications
- National Association of Elementary School Principals – National Conference, San Francisco, 1988. “Principal’s Guide for Implementing and Managing Programs for Seriously Emotionally Handicapped Students.”
- National Association of School Psychologists – National Conference, Houston, 1981. “The Preschool and Early Childhood Development of Biologically At-Risk Children.”
- Hart, S.N.; Kinder, R.; Mrazek, P.J.; Brassard, M.R. (1985). Videotape Review: Child Sexual Abuse: What Your Children Should Know. School Psychology Review, 14-3, 385-390.
Available upon request.