Notice of Confidentiality of Drug and Alcohol Records
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
Children’s Resource Group and CRG Associates (“CRG”) conduct an alcohol and drug abuse program for certain of its patients. All patient records created or received by CRG in relation to this program are confidential and protected by certain federal law and regulations. For your information, we have prepared the following summary of these federal requirements.
- CRG may not disclose any records or other information to a third party that would in any way acknowledge a patient’s participation in the program, or alternatively, that a patient was an alcohol or drug abuser, unless (a) the patient consents to the disclosure in writing; (b) a court orders the disclosure; or (c) the disclosure is made to medical personnel in a medical emergency; or (d) the disclosure is made for very specific research, audit or program evaluation purposes
- Violation of these federal requirements is a crime and suspected violations should be reported accordingly.
- These federal requirements do not protect any information about a crime that is threatened or committed by a patient in the program, or alternatively, by any person who works for the program.
- Additionally, these federal requirements do not protect any information about suspected child abuse or neglect from being reported to state or local authorities as required by Indiana law.
- For additional information, see 42 U.S.C. 290dd-3 and 42 CFR part 2, a copy of which is also available for your review and download on our website, www.childrensresourcegroup.com.
Please contact us at (317) 575-9111 if you have questions or require additional information.