School Psychologist/Clinical Specialist
M.A. in School Psychology – 1986 The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio.
B.S. in Elementary and Special Education – 1983 Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio.
National Certified School Psychologist
Professional, Psychologist One (Indiana)
- 1995 to 1997 and 1999 to Present: School Psychologist, Children’s Resource Group, Indianapolis, Indiana. Conduct individual psychological evaluations of children in preschool through high school, and interpret and document assessment results.
- 1994 to 1995: School Psychologist, Eagle-Union Community School Corporation, Indianapolis, Indiana. Conducted individual assessments of students in elementary, middle and high school; consulted with school personnel; chaired case conference committee meetings; participated in team building meetings and interpreted and documented psychoeducational evaluation results.
- 1989 to 1992: School Psychologist, Trenton Public Schools, Trenton, Michigan. Conducted individual assessments of students in preschool through grade twelve; consulted with administrators, teachers, parents and outside agencies; instrumental in developing elementary child study teams; coordinated and chaired individual educational planning committee; interpreted and documented psychological assessments; implemented a self-esteem pilot study and re-evaluated hearing impaired students.
- 1987 to 1989: School Psychologist, Troy School District, Troy, Michigan. Conducted individual assessments at elementary and middle school levels; consulted with teachers and parents; participated in special services team meetings; documented and interpreted evaluation results; chaired IEPC meetings; facilitated groups and conducted a variety of in-services.
- 1986 to 1987: School Psychologist Intern, Worthington City Schools, Worthington, Ohio. Conducted individual assessments of students in kindergarten through grade twelve; provided consultation services to teachers, parents and special education personnel; participated in multi-factored evaluation team meetings and interventions; documented and interpreted assessment results in psychological reports; provided supportive counseling as needed to students; identified gifted students.
- 1985 to 1986: Case Coordinator, Huelsman/Peters Psycho-Educational Clinic, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio. Assigned psychological evaluation cases to graduate students; consulted with parents; observed and evaluated undergraduate tutors.
- 1986: Field Examiner for Cognitive Assessment System, Psychological Corporation, San Antonio, Texas. Administered and scored tests given to high school students.
- 1985: Field Examiner for Cognitive Assessment System, Merrill Publishing Company, Columbus, Ohio. Administered and scored tests given to elementary students.
- 1984 to 1985: Graduate Research Associate, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio. Participated in a grant study on math anxiety; identified math-anxious students; tutored math-anxious individuals; developed lesson plan for tutoring students.
- 1983 to 1986 (Summers): Migrant Teacher, Kindergarten, Findlay City Schools, Findlay, Ohio. Taught students in small groups and on an individual basis.
- 1983 to 1984: Teacher, Fifth and Sixth Grades, Cory-Rawson Local Schools, Rawson, Ohio. Taught Language Arts and Reading; coached junior high track; advised junior high cheerleaders; co-chaired school carnival.
- Kappa Delta Pi Honor Society
- Antaean Scholarship Leadership Society
- Graduated Cum Laude from Blowing Green State University, 1983
- Phi Eta Sigma Freshman Honor Society
- National Association of School Psychologists
- Indiana Association of School Psychologists
Presentations and Publications
- Hill, L. (1987, March) Three Methods to Identify Math-Anxious Individuals. Paper presented at the meeting of the National Association of School Psychologists, New Orleans, Louisianna.
- Available upon request.