Ph.D. in School Psychology – 1985 Ball State University, Muncie, IN
M.A. in Psychology and Child Development – 1975 Peabody College of Education and Human Development, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN
B.A. in Psychology – 1973 Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI
- Health Service Provider in Psychology, 1988 (20040182)
- Indiana Psychologist License, 1986 (20040182)
- May 2011 to Present: Psychologist, Children’s Resource Group, Indianapolis, Indiana. Private practice in psychology specializing in psychological and psychoeducational evaluation of children, adolescents and adults with complex developmental, emotional, behavioral and learning difficulties. Provide therapy to children, adolescents, adults and their families. Provide consultation with educational and other agencies.
- March 2011 to Present: President/Business Owner/Psychologist, Norris Psychological Services, PC, Indianapolis, Indiana. Provide comprehensive psychological assessments on children and youth, individual and family therapy and school consultation. Provided clinical services to adults including psychological testing and therapy. Participated in Indiana Crisis and Response Team (I-CART) and National Organization of Victim Assistance (NOVA) including callouts to Mississippi and local responses.
- June 2007 to January 2014: Associate Psychologist, Community Psychological Consultants, Indianapolis, Indiana. Provide full range of psychological services to children, families and adults including therapy for depression, PTSD, anxiety disorders and psychological testing.
- May 2006 to Present: Associate Psychologist, A Step Ahead Behavioral Services, Indianapolis, Indiana. Provide home studies and child custody evaluations, as well as psychological services including therapies and evaluations.
- January 2002 to Present: Adjunt Professor, Martin University, Indianapolis, IN. Taught intermittant graduate and undergraduate courses in the following: Psychopharmacology, Developmental Psychology – Lifespan Development, and Personality Theory.
- 1991 to March 2000: Psychologist, Developmental Associates, Indianapolis, IN. Provided full range of clinical services including psychological testing and therapy for children, adolescents and adults. Provided psychological testing at the following hospitals: Community, Valle Vista, Koala Hospitals, and Charter Hospital.
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Phi Kappa Phi
- American Psychological Association
- Indiana Psychological Association
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing International Association
- National Organization of Victims Assistance
- Indiana Crisis and Response Team
- Norris, S.J. Easing Holiday Stress with Children. Kids Newsline, December 1995.
- Norris, S.J. I Won’t Settle for Anything Less. Tennessee Conservationist, May/June 1979.