Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology – 2005 University of Indianapolis, Indianapolis, IN
M.A. in Clinical Psychology – 2002 University of Indianapolis, Indianapolis, IN
B.A. in Psychology – 2000 University of Indianapolis, Indianapolis, IN
- Health Service Provider in Psychology, 2006 (20042106A)
- July 2011 to Present: Psychologist, Children’s Resource Group, Indianapolis, Indiana. Private practice in psychology specializing in the evaluation and treatment of children and adolescents with emotional, behavioral, and learning difficulties. Provides individualized evaluations and treatment planning. Provides individual, group, and family therapy.
- November 2009 to June 2011: Clinical Psychologist, Community Health Network, Gallahue, Warren Outpatient Center, Indianapolis, Indiana. Provide initial assessments, collaborative treatment plan development, and individual, family and group therapy. Conduct crisis assessments, safety checks, crisis plan development, consult with internal and external referral sources, and ongoing process improvement. Provide client centered care to clients and families to assist in the management of behavioral and emotional problems resulting from a wide variety of mental health conditions.
- November 2007 to October 2009: Clinical Psychologist, Hamilton Center Inc., Terre Haute, Indiana. Provide individual and family therapy to assist children, adolescents and their families to manage behavioral and emotional problems. Conduct parenting assessments for the Department of Child Services. Conduct comprehensive psychological evaluations. Supervise doctoral level practicum students. Conduct reviews of therapists’ clinical documentation to confirm diagnosis, determine medical necessity and provide appropriate feedback as necessary to enhance client care.
- August 2005 to February 2007: Clinical Psychologist, Meridian Psychological Associates, P.C., Indianapolis, Indiana. Provide individual and family therapy. Conduct comprehensive psychological evaluations utilizing a variety of projective and objective measures. Conduct Social Security Disability evaluations. Provide educational and social/emotional assessments for the Indianapolis Public School system.
- Kerry Heffner Award: Outstanding Student in Clinical Psychology, 2005
- Distinguished Scholar, 2000-2004
- Marvin Hendricks Award: Outstanding Student in Behavioral Sciences, 2000
- Larson, N.A. (2005, August). Cognitive and perceptual space of psychological diagnosis. Doctoral Dissertation, University of Indianapolis, Indianapolis, IN.
- Booker, J., Larson, N.A., & Schnorbus, J.M. (2002, June). Possessions and the memories they respresent. Poster Session presented at the annual meeting of the American Psychology Society, New Orleans, LA.
- Larson, N.A. (2000, January). Agression/Violence in Seclusion and Restraint. Paper presented at Indiana University School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry’s Grand Rounds, Indianapolis, IN.