Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology – 2005, University of Indianapolis, Indianapolis, IN
M.A. in Clinical Psychology – 2002, University of Indianapolis, Indianapolis, IN
B.A. in Psychology – 2000, University of Indianapolis, Indianapolis, IN
- Health Service Provider in Psychology: Indiana State Board of Examiners in Psychology, 2010 (20042425A)
- Psychologist: Indiana State Board of Examiners in Psychology, 2009 (99036386A)
- September 2005 to Present: Psychologist, Children’s Resource Group, Indianapolis, Indiana. Private practice in psychology specializing in the evaluation and treatment of children and adolescents with developmental, learning, emotional and behavioral problems. Provide evaluations, treatment planning, educational recommendations, social skills groups and therapy for children and their families. Primary areas of experience and interest include ADHD, autism spectrum disorder, learning disabilities, mood disorders and anxiety disorders.
- September 2004 to August 2005: Pre-doctoral Psychology Intern, Children’s Psychiatric Center, Miami, Florida. Conducted individual, group and family therapy at a community mental health facility. Diagnoses ranged from psychotic, mood, anxiety, abuse, learning and developmental disorders. Ten full battery psychological evaluations were completed. Completed a consultation rotation at Miami Children’s Hospital Neurodevelopmental Clinic. Received specialized didactic training in Infant Mental Health. Attended 12 week course on Play Therapy in addition to weekly didactic trainings.
- August 2003 to May 2004: Psychology Practicum Student, Lutherwood Residential Treatment Facility, Indianapolis, Indiana. Conducted individual, group and family therapy at a residential treatment facility affiliated with Community Hospitals of Indianapolis. Diagnoses ranged from psychotic, mood, anxiety, abuse, learning and developmental disorders. Performed psychological assessments, including full battery assessments and psychodiagnostic assessment. Received specialized training in the treatment of sex offenders, along with consultation with Reach for Youth. Worked within the context of a treatment team. Responsible for coordinating care with various agencies, including the Office of Family and Children, Probation Departments and the Department of Education.
- August 2002 to May 2003: Psychology Practicum Student, Indianapolis Psychiatric Associates, Indianapolis, Indiana. Conducted individual and group therapy. Diagnoses were adjustment, mood and anxiety disorders. Observed non-directive play therapy with young children. Conducted behavioral observations in area schools and consulted with teachers and parents in regards to disruptive behaviors, ADHD and emotional problems. Co-led three psychoeducational and process groups (parents, adolescents, women).
- August 2001 to June 2002: Psychology Practicum Student, Roudebush Veterans Hospital, Indianapolis, Indiana. Conducted individual and group psychotherapy. Diagnoses were primarily mood and anxiety disorders. Completed psychometric assessments and neuropsychological screenings. Participated in treatment team consultation with professional staff.
- Cum Laude graduate (2000)
- National Dean’s List (1997, 1998, 1999, 2000)
- Direct Observation of School-Aged Children of Depressed and Nondepressed Mothers During the Parent-Child Interaction Assessment-II (unpublished doctoral dissertation, 2008)
- Parent-Child Interaction Assessment (PCIA) Team (2001 to 2008). As a graduate research assistant, participated in weekly research team meetings. Responsible for recruitment, transcription and coding of videotaped dyadic interaction. Trained undergraduate research assistants. Administered research protocol consisting of: PCIA-II, Rorschach, TAT, K-BIT, BDI-II, MCMI-III, EDI-II, CAP, CTQ, AAPI, CBCL, ADHD-IV Rating Scales and PSI.
Workshops Attended (In Last 5 Years)
- “Mood Swings and Irritability in Children.” 35th Annual Richter Conference, Indianapolis, IN. February, 2012.
- “Nonverbal Learning Disabilities: From Diagnosis through Strategies for Home and School.” Dean Mooney, Ph.D., Indianapolis, IN. February, 2008.
- “Explosive, Noncompliant, Disruptive and Aggressive Kids.” Ross Greene, Ph.D., Indianapolis, IN. October, 2011.
- “Don’t Be Scared, Be Prepared.” Pamela Harmell, Ph.D., Indianapolis, IN. August 2011.
- “High Functioning Autism and Asperger’s Disorders.” 32nd Annual Richter Conference, Indianapolis, IN. February, 2009.