Aug, 1999: Ph.D., Counseling Psychology, IndianaStateUniversity, Terre Haute, IN
May, 1989: M.Ed., Human Development Counseling, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee
May, 1987: B.A., Psychology, Hanover College, Hanover, Indiana
- 1999: Licensed Psychologist, State of Indiana, Lic. #20041509a
Professional Clinical Experience
- 9/06 – Present: Private Practice Psychologist, Southside Counseling Associates, Greenwood, IN. Provide therapy for individuals and couples presenting with issues of depression, anxiety, health concerns, infertility, and interpersonal difficulties.
- 9/04 – 11/05: Psychologist, Opportunities for Positive Growth, Noblesville, IN. Supervised behavior consultants who provided services for clients with Autism Spectrum Disorders, and MR/DD.
- 11/01 – 12/02: Staff Psychologist, Howard Community Hospital, Kokomo, IN. Directed the Partial Hospitalization Program for the SMI population.
- 7/00 – 11/01: Staff Psychologist, Center for Mental Health, Anderson, IN. Provided individual and group therapy for clients with a variety of presenting issues. Provided consultation/therapy/testing services for a local nursing home. Presented workshops for staff of local domestic violence shelter.
- Completed pre-doctoral and post-doctoral internship at the VA Medical Center in Long Beach, CA. Internship involved rotations in the areas of Women’s Issues, Geropsychology, Day Treatment, and Health Psychology. Provided individual and group therapy for female veterans dealing with childhood sexual abuse, sexual trauma in the military, depression, anxiety, PTSD, and medical concerns; administered and interpreted neuropsychological assessments for geriatric patients to differentiate dementia from depression and delirium; completed intakes and provided individual and group therapy for chronically mentally ill patients; provided psychological consultation to medical and surgical hospital wards; provided individual and family therapy for patients diagnosed with HIV disease and cancer; and administered, scored, and interpreted psychodiagnostic measures.