Postsecondary Disability Specialist ADD & Life Coach
Dr. Parker specializes in working with high school and college students with learning disorders, ADHD and Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and coaches adults with and without disabilities in many types of professions/life circumstances.
He helps students develop more effective learning and organizational strategies. He collaborates with students and families to find a “good fit” college environment. He coaches teens and adults to develop more productive and thriving lives.
He also conducts Career Assessments that can be particularly helpful for college-bound students, college students seeking career clarity, and adults in career transition.
Services I Offer
– Social Skills, Support & Educational Groups
– Strategy Instruction
– College Search/Transition Services
– CRG Speaker’s Bureau
– ADD/Life Coaching
– College/Testing Accommodations Intake
– Gap Year Services
– Career Assessments
- PhD, Special Education with a focus on postsecondary programming, University of Connecticut
- Taught high school Special Education
- Led Disability Services offices at UNC-Chapel Hill, the University of Connecticut, and Washington University in St. Louis
- Conducted training on postsecondary programming for students with disabilities in Italy, Austria, Kuwait and Japan
- Dr. Parker enjoys traveling, independent films, exploring new restaurants and working in his yard/gardens